About our Pure Beeswax and Sea Salt Candles

He Be G-Bees offers only pure beeswax candles. To enhance the health benefits of the candles and to extend the candle's burn time, sea salt is added right before pouring the wax into containers. Unlike paraffin candles (which release carcinogens like toluene and benzene into the air) and their soy counterparts (which are often derived from GMOs, are highly contaminated with pesticides, and are processed with a small amount of paraffin), beeswax candles actually draw toxins out of the air, making them a natural air-purifier. Beeswax is a fuel which produces negative ions when burned. Salt is hygroscopic, meaning that it attracts water to its surface and this water evaporates quickly due to the heat from the candle. It is during the evaporation process generated by the unique combination of salt and the heat generated by the lit candle that negative ions are produced. Since opposite charges are attracted, these negative ions will attach to positively charged particles in the air, such as bacteria, viruses, and allergens like dust and pollen. These new clumps of particles become heavier, allowing gravity to pull them down where they can be swept or vacuumed up. Many air purifiers and water filters harness this effective negative ion technology. Because beeswax candles clean the air and reduce indoor pollutants, they can effectively reduce the symptoms of asthma, allergies, and hay fever. So enjoy your beeswax and sea salt candle not only for its ambient glow but its ability to produce health benefits too.




Initial Burn Time

Have you ever had a candle that became more and more lopsided as the wick flamed its way down, leaving you at the end with nubby, waxen walls encircling a burned-out crater? The leftover wax signals that you didn’t get all you could have gotten from the candle. To get the most bang for your buck, you need to ensure that the candle burns both evenly and completely. What matters most here is how long you let the candle burn the first time you light it. It’s critical not to extinguish it until the pool of wax has extended across the diameter of the candle. Blow it out too soon, and you are in effect dooming the candle to leave excess wax; if it doesn’t melt on the first lighting, the dry, hard wax around the outside edge will almost never burn.


Placement of Candle When Burned

Do not to leave the candle near a door or window or in any similarly drafty spot; not only is such a location unsafe, but it can also result in uneven burning.


Wick Trimming

It is important to trim the candle’s to ¼” prior to each use. If you don’t, problems can occur. The wicks of all candles can “mushroom” at the top, causing excessive flickering and/or smoke.  Keeping your wick trimmed keeps this to a minimum and also makes your candle safer. Trimming also prevents your wick from curling back into the wax – a common problem with non-metal cored wicks.  Because our wicks contain no lead, zinc, or metal of any kind, they are very easily trimmed by just breaking off the top of the wick (the curled part) before lighting. Wax is the fuel that a flame needs to continue to burn. As the wax melts it travels up the wick and is used up. The bigger the pool of melted wax, the more fuel the flame has. The flame continues to grow because it’s supply of liquid wax keeps getting bigger. The larger the flame gets, the more fuel it consumes to keep burning. When you trim the wick, you are in essence trimming the size of the flame. With a smaller flame the wax will last longer. Trimming the wick every couple of hours can make your candle last up to 25% longer. Don’t “overtrim” the wick. There should be about 1/4” of the black part of the wick sticking out above the candle. Look at a ruler and really see what a quarter of an inch looks like.  If the wick is trimmed too much the flame will be so small that it might not recover and begin to consume the wax, it will just go out. If this happens, just light it again, let the wax pool for a few minutes and then dump out the liquid wax that forms around the wick. This will make the wick stick out more and the candle should recover.

To prevent fire and serious injury: Burn candle within sight. Keep away from drafts and vibrations. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never burn candle on or near anything that can catch fire. 

Burning Instructions: 
Trim wick to 1/4 inch before lighting. Keep candle free of any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings. Only burn the candle on a level, fire resistant surface. Do not burn the candle for more than 4 hours at a time.